JHE Partners are recruiting an experienced Buyeron a permanent basis for a prestigious and innovative client in theBradford area. Reporting tothe Supply ChainDirector, this role is ideal for someone who can bring their valuable experience to assist in the exciting development of the Supply Chain Team.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with and thrive in an international company who are always looking for new ways to be the best and as a consequence, are growing year on year.
To purchase products in support of requirements from Sales and Contract customers. Invest in products from suppliers in support of business plans and strategic objectives to meet annual company and individual goals. Analyse and determine the best source of supply for product, and manage the purchase process.
- Contact suppliers to obtain competitive price, determine availability, terms, and delivery schedule regarding specific requisitions; evaluate quotes and recommend awards
- Develop and prepare purchase orders, agreements, bids and contracts; process all paperwork related to purchases including purchase order revisions
- Review incoming requisitions for accuracy and completeness; resolve any problems on the requisitions with the appropriate department
- Administer and review purchase orders, bids and contracts; verify receipt; resolve discrepancies and problems regarding prices, delivery, and/or quality
- Assume responsibility for the purchasing or all materials, supplies, equipment, and/or services
- Monitor and evaluate supplier compliance with contract cost, quality and schedule requirements
- Instruct and advise internal customers in the Companys purchasing procedures
- Develop and apply knowledge of procurement basics, legal requirements and ethical conduct
- Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities through personal commitment to professional development, and by continuously improving processes
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to calmly and efficiently work under pressure
- Strong computer literacy
- The ability to self-manage workloads
- A great team ethic
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Educated to NVQ Level 3
- 2 Years+ demonstrable or relevant work experience in purchasing
- Competent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office
Salary and Benefits
- 26,000 - 30,000
- Onsite Parking
- Healthcare Cash Plan
This is a superb opportunity for a buyer who is wanting to further their career in a world-renowned organisation. Should you be interested in this job, apply today and we will be in touch.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job