The Buyer will join a growing and ambitious contract electronics manufacturing business. Operating as part of team, the Buyer will be responsible for sourcing from a UK and international supply chain. Working with BOMs, it is hoped the Buyer will negotiate effectively with suppliers and drive an improved performance from the supply chain. The role will of course, be focused on the procurement of electronic components and manufacturing services, although there will also be an element of metalwork and class c component procurement.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
1. Purchasing of electronics components and related materials
2. Lead, and own Buying activities
3. Achieve cost reduction objectives
4. Build effective relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
5. Work with stakeholders across; Production, Engineering, and Stores
6. Contribute to an environment of CI, process improvement and LEAN thinking
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Purchasing experience within a CEM, or manufacturing business where electronics components have been sourced
2. Strong negotiating and vendor management skills
3. MRP, or IT literacy
4. The ability to work with management
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job