Search Consultancy has a requirement for a Buyer to join a highly-successful contractor based in Ayrshire. This is a newly-created, standalone Procurement vacancy offering candidates the opportunity to shape their own role within a growing, well-established business.
The successful candidate will start with a blank canvas and be tasked with establishing an efficient and robust Procurement function under the stewardship of Finance Director.
* Work closely with suppliers to achieve reduction in purchasing costs while maintaining quality
* Highlight any stock shortages ASAP and seek to resolve appropriately
* Expedite delivery of materials where necessary
* Play key role in implementing new IT system in 2018
* Source new suppliers, ensuring they are fully appraised before inclusion
Skills & Experience required:
* Purchasing experience, ideally from Construction-related environment
* Excellent IT skills
* Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision
* Commercially astute
This is a terrific, rarely-available opportunity for an ambitious Procurement professional seeking a fresh challenge in what is an exciting environment. A competitive remuneration package is offered in return.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job