SF Group are currently recruiting a Buyer for a business based in Wolverhampton.
The Buyer is responsible for facilitating buying and planning activity for the allocated list of commodities or suppliers.
- Negotiate trading terms, cost down and agreements with suppliers.
- Receive and interpret purchase requirements related to new customer demand, new products and production requirements.
- Effectively plan materials, schedule and procure both direct and indirect materials using published supplier OTD and QC metrics to understand potential risks.
- Oversee new product / new engineering release projects ensuring appropriate actions are taken to achieve the required launch dates.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, suppliers and production to ensure an efficient, uninterrupted flow of material to support operational demand.
- Expedite expected receipts with suppliers, working to improve promise dates and engaging in corrective actions to avoid schedule misses.
- Develop supply methods with existing or new suppliers. Work with suppliers to implement Kan Ban systems on core running product.
- Timely management and implementation of engineering changes with suppliers, engineering and quality. Correct use of engineering change requests or concession documentation to record deviation to specification.
- Develop stocking agreements with key suppliers / components to push back stock holding whilst maintaining the required level of parts availability.
- Full vendor management including negotiating trading frameworks, NDA's and SLA's.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, and oversee the completion of all admin involved in the order process.
- Identify product / projects / components which will support the annual cost down targets.
- In conjunction with quality and engineering source new suppliers capable of supporting the company's quality, on time delivery, cost expectations and new market requirements.
- Complete purchase reports to support the Operations Manager.
Employee attributes include:
- Assertive, proactive, "can-do" attitude while also maintaining productive work relationships with co-workers, management and suppliers.
- Excellent follow-up skills and time management.
- Possess a flexible and energetic attitude towards work and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, achieve promise dates, communicate statuses (including bad news) while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Personally takes all appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
Skill & experience requirement:
- Formal qualification in business (ideally CIPS), engineering or related disciplines.
- Experience of purchasing low / medium volume, high precision, machined and investment castings.
- Minimum 3 years buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings and in presentations.
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven cost saving experience.
- Data entry skills using ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to read and properly interpret bills of materials, specifications and prints.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job