** BUYER **
Our client in Harrogate is looking for a Buyer to join their Procurement Department. Being part of a fast paced buying team, you will be responsible for the administering and accurate placement of the buying activities within the business and enforcing company buying systems and quality processes. Placing purchase orders and negotiating with suppliers on a regular basis, this role can be a great opportunity for you to develop your buying career.
YOUR NEW JOB..
You will have experience of working in a Procurement role, ideally within manufacturing and material planning although this is not essential. Your duties will include:
* Stock management
* Sourcing products to meet customer requirements
* Performing RFx activities to obtain best value and work in best practise
* Evaluating bids & creating proposals
* Sourcing variety of components including raw materials and finished products in different markets
* Formalising supplier agreements, whilst ensuring quality, cost, and delivery requirements are achieved.
* Attend trade shows and visit new and existing suppliers, carrying out audits and review meetings whilst appraising capabilities
* Manage facilities within the business and manage budgets and forecasts where required
* Carry out cost down initiatives, negotiating pricing and contract terms to benefit the business
* Implement process improvements
* Deputise for the Procurement Manager
You will be self-motivated and able to work independently with the ability to problem solve and decision make. You will have an understanding of contract terms, tendering and understanding currency and commodities. You will be a reliable and responsible leader to implement process improvements and deputise for the Manager. You will have experience of managing a variety of stakeholders and their requirements.
It is essential that you have high levels of accuracy and numeracy, you are proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and that you have excellent organisational and administration skills. Sage 200 experience would be preferable but training can be given. CIPS qualified level 3 or working towards CIPS would be an advantage. You will also need to hold a current driving licence for 12 months minimum.
You will have an enthusiastic attitude, flexibility and adaptability with the confidence to effectively negotiate cost savings with suppliers. To do this you will be a good communicator with the ability to learn quickly, and a desire to develop your skills in this area.
WHAT'S ON OFFER..
The salary will be £27,000 - £29,000 depending upon experience and in addition an excellent package of benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills for the role and would like to apply, please send your CV
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
- Stock Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job