Buyer - Doncaster - £30,000 - Permanent
Venatu Consulting are currently working with our client who are in the search of a Buyer to work on a permanent basis at their offices in Doncaster.
* Identify & foster sources of supply that are best able to meet the customer requirements through the interpretation of specifications, drawings, & invitations to tender for new range products and services.
* Develop, issue and evaluate RFQs with the objective of sourcing the requirement on the vendor with the optimum fit to customer requirement, and maximizing sales & margin opportunity for the company.
* Engage with vendors to seek out opportunities for new products and / or services & as agreed with New Business Sourcing Manager initiate the development of these ideally with the aim of the company being the route to market.
* Responsible for providing the sourcing side input (source of supply, cost, supply conditions etc) within the timescales required for all new product bids as allocated by New Business Procurement Manager.
* Initiate float reviews for Repairable Products, negotiate with vendors where required to seek improvement of lead times or develop other innovative approaches such that float injects are minimized or avoided but availability is not compromised.
* Monitor progress of individual bids on a daily basis using appropriate UW tools and report any significant concerns.
* Manage the sourcing of all allocated bids through SAP, CRM and other business systems and processes.
* Initiate and maintain electronic files for all bids.
* Produce sourcing side summary of key points for all bids (prior to pricing).
* Significant sourcing experience required - open to industry.
* CIPS qualification is essential.
* Good communication skills.
* Excellent IT skills - SAP & Microsoft Office essential.
* Must be available immediately.
* 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job