My client based in Harrogate is currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Buyer to join their Purchasing team.
You will report into the Purchasing Manager and work closely with the Operations team.
You will be responsible for managing all purchasing activities for the Harrogate site, relating to the following:
- Raw Materials
- Factored and subcontracted items
- Packaging (cartons/containers/labels)
- Utilities & photocopier contracts
- Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO) Supplies, including Operations PPE
- Marketing literature and promo items
- Workwear contract and stationery supplies
You will consider and implement strategies to drive long-term improvements in commodity quality, supplier delivery performance, acquisition cost and stocking levels.
Your supply risk analytical skills will identify and recognise potential supply issues that may pose a risk to our operational efficiency, and communicating these at an appropriate opportunity. As required, you will manage the appropriate risk mitigation plan.
Essential skills and qualifications required for this role include:
- Full (or min Level 4) CIPS qualification.
- Ability to build strong & effective supplier/stakeholder relationships.
- Purchasing experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of SAGE X3 or other ERP system.
- Willing to identify and develop new Operations/Supply Chain ideas and solutions.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- MS Office knowledge, with good Excel ability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels & departments.
You must hold a driving licence and have your own transport!
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45am - 5:15pm.
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of £27k and many benefits including company pension plan, private health care, 23 days annual leave + statutory holidays and onsite parking.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job