Buyer required for manufacturer based near Caerphilly
The Buyer will play an integral role by driving and supporting key functions within the department including Procurement, Vendor management, MRP scheduling, Quality Assurance and New Product Development. You will boast adept commercial and analytical skills and will be able to create value for the business through effective negotiation of price, contract and service level agreements. You will demonstrate a proactive and flexible approach to the buying role and have strong team values. You will also be able to demonstrate a proven track record of achieving cost down benefits. You will be/have:
- Excellent internal and external customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong work ethic and ability to adapt to and drive change
- Highly numerate and analytical, with the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Commercially minded with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Self-Motivated, behaves in a professional manner at all times
- Able to deliver at a consistently high level in a demanding, commercial environment
- Educated to degree level
- Supply chain or Procurement experience
- IT literate with strong spreadsheet knowledge
- Experience working with a MRP/ERP and SAP system.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job