This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
They have a long heritage in the rail industry based on decades of experience, but have continued to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that they remain the first and best choice for their customers.
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £33,000 per annum
Benefits: With a strong employee engagement culture and a global presence you can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, a range of benefits, support, and plenty of opportunities for career progression and personal development.
About the role:
The Buyer sits within the team responsible for the sourcing of all new products and services, whether new or existing range, and the timely communication of all supply side data for these products for bids with a key responsibility relating to finding and developing sources of supply for new products and services.
- Identify & foster sources of supply that are best able to meet the customer requirements through the interpretation of specifications, drawings, & invitations to tender for new range products and services
- Develop, issue and evaluate RFQs with the objective of sourcing the requirement on the vendor with the optimum fit to customer requirement, and maximizing sales & margin opportunity for the company
- Engage with vendors to seek out opportunities for new products and / or services & as agreed with New Business Sourcing Manager initiate the development of these ideally with the aim of them being the route to market
- Responsible for providing the sourcing side input (source of supply, cost, supply conditions etc) within the timescales required for all new product bids as allocated by New Business Procurement Manager
- Attend bid start up meetings ensuring that all necessary data is obtained to enable the sourcing side of the bid to be successfully progressed. Develop and propose the supply side proposition for new range products
- Initiate float reviews for Repairable Products, negotiate with vendors where required to seek improvement of lead times or develop other innovative approaches such that float injects are minimized or avoided but availability is not compromised
- Identify and initiate any spin off benefits e.g. resourcing of product to more competitive sources, volume leverage arising from bids etc. Communicate to Purchasing where it will benefit current operations
- Monitor progress of individual bids on a daily basis using appropriate UW tools and report any significant concerns
- Manage the sourcing of all allocated bids through SAP, CRM and other business systems and processes
- Initiate and maintain electronic files for all bids
- Produce sourcing side summary of key points for all bids (prior to pricing)
- Liaise, negotiate and where required meet with vendors for new business
- Significant sourcing experience preferably T & RS and / or in a distribution company or other added value re-seller
- CIPS or Business-related qualification / degree
- Communication skills
- Excellent IT skills – SAP & Microsoft Office essential Sound financial awareness
You may have experience of the following: Buyer, Category Manager, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Manager, Procurement, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing, Buying etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job