Buyer South Oxfordshire £45,000
Manufacturer of gas detection instruments for oxygen, flammable and toxic gas hazards.
Strategic buying and managing supplier costs and contracts. Assisting with the scheduling and processing of materials. Liaise with the Material Planner and Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to guarantee the lowest cost of acquisition and security of supply of materials required to fulfil customer orders.
- Deliver a stable and level manufacturing schedule
- Develop strategic sourcing plans.
- Obtain the best acquisition costs for the business and New Product introduction (NPI)
- Ensure supplier, part availability and quality stability for NPI launches
- Minimising the overall value of stock held.
- Ensure full compliance with current policies and procedures of Quality and Product Certification
- Quarterly business reviews for all A-Class suppliers
- Continuous process improvement and run improvement workshops with the SQE
- Supplier QCD management and management of supplier KPIs
- Deliver business efficiency & cost improvements
- Build a high capability team, focused to deliver excellence
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning and ERP Systems
- Stock management and inventory turns management within the Supply Chain.
- Supplier dispute resolution.
- Value stream management and VSM mapping techniques.
- Supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) & Supplier
- ISIR Management (Incoming Sample Inspection Report).
- A supply chain professional with experience of supplier QCD management
- A background in electronics
- Ideally a degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management and CIPS membership
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Planning & BOM management experience.
- Proficient negotiator
- Able to identity priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of Quality Control and Problem-solving techniques
- Microsoft proficient
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Sourcing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job