A Buyer or Senior Buyer is required for a Birmingham based manufacturer of automated production machinery.
The role of Buyer / Senior Buyer will include:
- Supplier sourcing
- Supplier negotiation
- Supplier consolidation
- Ordering of all production and non production products
- Process orders for bought in assemblies and sub assemblies.
- Chase suppliers to ensure on time deliveries ready for production
- Manage supplier performance
- Cost reduction
- Purchasing of robots, pneumatic systems, electronic control systems, motors, machining services etc.
The suitable candidate for Buyer / Senior Buyer will need to possess the following experience:
- Buyer / Senior Buyer within engineering/manufacturing
- Cost down experience
- Supplier sourcing and negotiation
- Organised and a self motivated
- Able to interpret an engineering drawing is desirable
- Experience with purchasing electro-mechanical products is essential
Please note: There can be flexibility on starting and finishing hours where required.
Pro-rata hours may be considered after discussion.
If you have the required Buyer / Senior Buyer experience and looking for a position where you have autonomy working within a very reputable and highly technical manufacturing company then please click on the link to apply or contact Automation Recruitment specialist on ref AR2015
- project buyer
- Senior buyer
- supplier negotiation
- supplier sourcing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job