Our client has an opportunity for a Buyer/Senior Buyer to join their team in London on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 -£40,000 per annum plus an attractive benefits package.
Our client is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Their reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and their impressive client list includes Google, Michelin, Estée Lauder, Exxon Mobil, L’Oreal and JCB to name a few. With annual sales in excess of £85 million Brand Addition employs over 350 people globally across Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, Turkey, Hong Kong, Shanghai and USA.
They are looking for a Buyer/Senior Buyer to join an experienced Buying Team working on a range of blue chip clients.
The Buyer/Senior Buyer duties and key responsibilities:
- Working with the in-house design and sales teams on product ideas and concepts
- Assisting with idea generation and preparation of client presentations
- Managing a core supplier base in Europe and the Far East whilst bringing on new supply routes
- Negotiating costings and ensuring projects are delivered within budget
- Writing detailed product specifications and purchase orders
- Liaising with all departments to ensure projects are delivered to schedule
- Defining quality requirements and managing the quality control process
- Work closely with the UK & Far East operations team to ensure accurate and timely deliveries
To become their Buyer/Senior Buyer you must have the following skills and experience:
- Of graduate calibre or higher education
- A can-do attitude and willingness to tackle a diverse array of tasks.
- At least 2 years previous buying experience in either the promotions or retail industries.
- A keen interest in consumer/ promotional products and an interest in quality assurance, ethical sourcing from manufacturers in UK, EU, Turkey and Far East.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- To be a real team player, with personality, empathy and the drive to succeed, with exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail is crucial for this role.
What they offer their Buyer/Senior Buyer:
- A very competitive salary plus bonus structure, Pension, Sickness Benefit and Life Assurance.
- The opportunity to develop a long term career as opposed to a job, with one of the largest and most successful global promotional merchandise suppliers.
- A vibrant and dynamic place to work, in a modern, team focussed, forward thinking creative work environment.
If you would like to join their team as their new Buyer/Senior Buyer then please click ‘apply’ today, they would love to hear from you!
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job