Are you an experienced buyer / Procurement Manager with experience of facilities and/or construction?
Do you have experience of running an end to end supply chain function?
Have you sourced new suppliers and been involved in supplier approval?
Do you have experience of managing tender processes?
If yes, we have a newly created role of Procurement Manager to join our clients Facilities Management team
Reporting to the Commercial Manager your main responsibilities will be to establish the procurement processes and run the end-to-end supply chain from supplier approval to tender to supplier management.
Other responsibilities in your role of Buyer / Procurement Manager:
- Auditing existing supply chain processes / software / operations
- Identifying areas for improvement within the current procurement procedure and developing and implementing strategies for procuring goods or services
- Managing change and implementing new procedures and processes
- Liaising with Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors to establish service and product requirements
- Analysing spend and performance of suppliers
- Account management of suppliers developing relationships
- Negotiating of prices
- Identifying and researching potential new contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring clients’ needs / obligations are fully met through offering high quality service and a seamless experience
- Producing performance & KPI reports
- Identifying potential savings
- Writing and preparing tender specifications
- Writing contract documentation incorporating KPIs passing appropriate obligations to sub-contractors to restrict the company exposure to risk
- Managing the tender process, advising on appointment and finalising formal contractual arrangements.
- Financial and budgetary delivery ensuring commercial decisions are taken at all times
What you need to be successful as Buyer / Procurement Manager:
- Hold a CIPS qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working as a Buyer or experienced in buying in a fast paced Facilities Management or Construction environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- A confident and skilled negotiator
- Excellent communication skill both oral and written
- Knowledge and understanding of PFI/LIFT contracts is preferred
About your new employer:
Our client is an established leader within the building industry. They offer a wide range of services to include mechanical and electrical engineering and facilities management. They are well placed to offer a wide range of building services within new build and renovation. With a group turnover in excess of £200million and over 500 staff they are experiencing steady growth and are known to be a leading FM business particularly within education and healthcare.
- Capital Equipment
- Supplier Negotiation