Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit an experienced Buyer for a leading Engineering/Manufacturing company. Applicants must be able to understand technical drawings and sourced low volume precision engineered parts/sheet metal fabrications.
The primary responsibility is to procure materials, products and services from qualified vendors and to monitor associated costs, quality and delivery as defined by our business model / requirements.
Key Job Elements:
* Create and issue purchase orders to satisfy sales, production and inventory requirements.
* Respond to price and delivery requests from the sales and production departments.
* Strive to improve vendor performance on price, lead-time and associated costs.
* Analyse inventory levels products with a view to reducing overall stock holding without compromising customer expectations.
* Utilise inventory management and purchasing strategies (JIT, min/max)
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job