A manufacturing business require a Buyer / Planner (Subcontracts) to join their Purchasing team. Applicants need experience in a MRP driven purchasing, supply chain or logistics role, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering business.
The Buyer / Planner will join a dynamic and forward thinking Purchasing Team, and will be responsible for planning the movement of materials internally, and between suppliers/subcontractors.
Specific responsibilities of the Buyer / Planner include:
1. Place Purchase Orders with suppliers / subcontractors
2. Supplier / Subcontractor liaison
3. Plan and organise material movements to subcontract partners
4. Maintain and improve supplier / subcontractor performance
5. Pro-actively build relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
6. Vendor management including root cause and corrective implementation action
7. Accurately maintain supplier data
8. Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement and LEAN thinking
Buyer / Planners should meet the following criteria:
1. Experience working in a technical manufacturing / engineering environment
2. Ability to build relationships with suppliers
3. Exposure to supply chain, purchasing or logistics
4. Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to engage with stakeholders
5. MRP experience, and / or excellent IT skills
This role would suit job seekers currently working as: Junior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Materials Controller, Materials Planner, Production Controller, Production Planner, Purchasing, Logistics, Buyer, SAP, Vendor Manager, Supplier Management, Supply Chain, MRP Controller, MRP Planner
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job