Our client is on the hunt for a Buyer to join their expanding team to pro-actively manage relationships between the company and suppliers to achieve business objectives. If you have previous experience within an electronic background and thrive on the opportunity to build relationships and purchase and deliver products to a strict deadline, then Smart Moves Recruitment may have the role you have been looking for!
Main Responsibilities of a Buyer:
- To purchase parts materials and services on behalf of the Company.
- Using MRP and forecast requirements to maximise cost savings through identification and establishment of procurement agreements with suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance to export control regulations.
- Establish and maintain a network of suppliers capable of meeting Company business and production needs.
- Review supplier quotations, process purchase order acknowledgements and confirm delivery dates.
- Ensure that Suppliers deliver as promised and handle any matters arising from the non-performance of a supplier are managed or escalated accordingly.
- Highlight any issues to the Purchasing Manager that may impact on production plans and/or On Time Delivery (OTD) schedules.
Skills and Experience of a Buyer:
- Experience within a Purchasing role and negotiating supplier purchase agreements.
- Formal Procurement/ Purchasing qualification, desirable not essential.
- An understanding of electronic component procurement activities.
- Knowledge of MRP/ ERP principles.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Sufficient Negotiation Skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
- Some travel may be required with overnight stays.
So if this role sounds like the career move for you then don’t miss out on a fantastic opportunity… apply now, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
- Communication Skills