Buyer - Parallel Imports / Generics
Berkshire - £25,000 - £40,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a growing pharmaceutical company, out client is looking for an experienced Buyer to join their established purchasing team in identifying new suppliers for products into the UK.
Roles and Responsibility
- Obtain information on potential new products and locate the cheapest sources anywhere in the EU.
- Source new products for new license application including costings.
- Assess the potential impact and commercial viability of new products in the UK market.
- Liaise empathically and effectively with EU suppliers, taking into account cost, availability and continuity of supplies.
- Maintain a database of information relating to potential new products.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with the Regulatory Affairs department in all issues associated with licensing products.
- Maintain records of stock usage through sales, economic order quantities, lead times from suppliers and other supplier performance information and supplier spread sheets to ensure price lists are correct and up to date.
- Liaise with the sales department on a regular basis to ensure stock turn is maintained, minimize out of date products and provide excess stock information.
- Ensure orders are placed in a timely fashion so as to ensure stock is received in advance of being required.
- Ensure that records of current outstanding orders and part deliveries are fulfilled, so as to understand, at any time, the unfulfilled purchase orders position of the business.
Experience and Skills
- Background in working within Parallel Imports Buying and Supply Chain in the UK
- Knowledge of EU suppliers and Regulatory requirements in buying pharmaceutical products across Europe
- Track record in building supplier relationships
- Ability to negotiate best price and lead time on purchases
- Ability to work as part of a team working to targets and objectives
If you are interested in this role please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Keywords: PI, Parallel Imports, Generics, Pharma, pharmaceuticals, buyer, purchasing, buying, supply chain, procurement
- Supply Chain
- parallel imports