- £30,700 per annum
- 37.5 hour per week contract
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Ample parking and subsidised canteen on site
About the job
- Raising purchase orders through various methods and channels. Reacting to MRP system messages to expedite, defer or cancel open order lines.
- Issuing RFQ’s, drawing releases, analysing quotes and setting up new part replenishment profile.
- Resolve issues relating to accuracy of deliveries, quality rejects, invoice queries, overdue orders and production shortages.
- Identifying savings opportunities through benchmarking, value engineering & optimising replenishment methods.
- Working with Engineering to manage obsolete and replacement parts. Raising temporary permits (concessions) and engineering changes.
- Developing relationships with suppliers so important requests are handled with the necessary level of urgency. Conducting business review meetings over the phone and face to face in Clevedon or at supplier sites.
- Represent purchasing in internal cross functional project meetings providing status updates relating to all the above activities.
- Support senior buyers and purchasing managers with large volume supplier accounts by implementing system changes following strategic guidance.
- Maintain document records, track personal performance against operational metrics and contribute to departmental reporting.
The right candidate
- Graduate level or similar length work experience at this level
- CIPS qualified or studying towards
- Ability to use generic software e.g. MS Office - Excel (Essential) & Access (Desirable) and able to quickly learn MRP systems. AS400 experience is desirable.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and develop good internal and external relationships.
- Good understanding of manufacturing supply chain principles e.g. buffer/safety stock, lead time, Work in Progress and Kanban systems.
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment requiring an essential need for a responsive supply base.
- Confident to work independently and be the primary company contact for small to medium volume supplier accounts.
To find out more, please apply online with an up to date CV or give us a call on and ask for Bethan
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job