Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit an experienced buyer for a leading manufacturing company.
* Establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of product categories and product specific regulatory requirements.
* Proactively investigate raw material trends and external factors which may influence costs or supply and develop strategies for optimum efficiency and cost enhancement.
* Communicate procurement strategy in areas of commodity portfolio.
* Communicate effectively and lead discussions across all levels and departments to ensure. business requirements are met in full.
* Deliver department objectives as they relate to your area of responsibility.
* Monitor, improve and report on supplier performance levels.
* Support introduction of best practice approaches to procurement activities.
* Ability to cope and manage change.
Experience and skills required
* Proven procurement and supply chain background within manufacturing.
* Experience of working in and R&D environment.
* Experience of manufacturing logistical costs such as warehousing and shipping.
* Experience of managing sub-contractors and responsibility of commodity spend
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Highly numerate, IT literal and analytical.
* Ability to problem solve and make key strategic decisions.
* Strong communication skills.
* Contract awareness - the ability to understand, draft and negotiate procurement contracts.
* Confident, tenacious, credible, creative with good negotiation skills and willing.
* Able to take lead on projects.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job