They currently seek an experience BUYER to working in their Enfield based engineering site to work cross functionally and support the manufacturing operation , covering both direct and indirect categories.
Applications are welcome ASAP and if you wish to discuss the role further please call the REED Procurement & Supply Chain Specialism on 020 8363 1344 and ask for Nessa Parkinson.
Duties of the role will be as follows -
• Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
• Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
• Review market place to determine potential alternative products and suppliers
• Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
• Prepare tender documents and manage tender process through to completion
• Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
• Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
• Routinely monitor outstanding purchase orders and take appropriate actions to progress in order to meet deadlines set by production.
This client is looking for a candidate has strong buying experience in a manufacturning / engineering company.
You must have solid skills in sourcing, negotiation and contract implementation.
Advanced Excel skills are essential
You must also have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note that due to health and safety risk factors this role is open only to non-smokers.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business