IT procurement is a hot topic in the current market as companies in the consumer goods sector are continuously looking to build on their technical capacity, driving a need for procurement managers with experience in this space. I am recruiting for a fast-paced FMCG business who have a critical vacancy in their Indirect team and are looking to bring on board an IT Buyer as soon as possible.
The role of Category Buyer is to act as a Procurement Business Partner for the IT Business Unit in this global-FMCG business. Working closely with stakeholders in the UK and across Europe, this is a great opportunity to forge an international career within a best-in class procurement function.
Key responsibilities from the outset:
- Implement procurement strategy at a Regional level through collaboration with key stakeholders across Procurement and IT, and devise local strategy as and when required
- Manage the end to end sourcing of select sub-categories within IT spend and hold suppliers accountable to agreed set of KPIs and SLAs
- Be adaptable, be dynamic and be proactive in finding solutions, driving value and delivering on commercial targets
- Successfully drive SRM across the supply base and implement continuous improvement projects
Things you need to have:
- 3-5 years relevant experience in IT/Technology Procurement, or generalist Indirect procurement within the IT industry
- Experience in a complex, fast paced business in the FMCG or Retail sector
- Degree educated, technical qualification in Engineering or Supply Chain
- Business language is English but fluency in French or Spanishis desirable
- Strong leadership skills and independence, and extremely commercially savvy
- Independent right to work in the UK- unfortunately candidates from outside the UK/EU cannot be considered
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.
- IT Procurement
- Category Buyer
- Technology Buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job