Our client, an established construction business based on the outskirts of Buckingham is seeking a Buyer to join their team. Working in a busy buying department, the successful candidate will have previous experience of buying, scheduling and placing orders for materials and plant hire. Duties include:
- Being responsible for the buying process of all allocated projects to include materials, plant hire and sub-contractors
- Produce tender and purchasing documents for each project and business requirement.
- Regular liaison and communication with suppliers to maintain best price practices.
- Managing purchased stock and delivery to site.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Experience of working within a busy construction orientated buying / purchasing environment.
- Background in construction / merchant procurement or building material supply preferred.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A very high standard of computer literacy using a bespoke package, Excel and Word are also essential.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent is desirable, although not essential.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2-3 years relevant purchasing experience within a similar environment, i.e. Construction or Builders Merchants.
Candidates must also have their own transport given our clients location and the requirement to visit sites at time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"