Solutions Recruitment are looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join an organisation based in Stockton-On-Tees. The successful candidate will report into the Procurement Manager, and will be responsible to help fulfil their duties on a day to day. This will include basic administration duties through to supplier management and contract negotiation
- The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing purchase requisitions, control the issue of purchase orders, tender management, vendor maintenance, supplier contract management and negotiation of costs to ensure excellent value for money solutions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining communication with all departments, building and keeping supplier relationships, ensuring goods and services are delivered efficiently whilst ensuring that logistics costs are minimised
- Manage, organise and update relevant information using procurement database
- Assist the Procurement Manager with procurement and query resolution
- You will be expected to attend and contribute to departmental and supplier meetings and liaise with other parts of the business when necessary
- Drafting and negotiating supply contracts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A background in procurement and purchasing in civils and construction, have the
- ability to manage multiple spend categories and suppliers.
- CIPS Level 3 or currently studying towards CIPS Level 3 would be desirable
- Site based experience would be desirable
- Understanding of construction drawings and plans is desirable
- Experience in, or understands Civil Engineering/Steel Fabrication industries would be desirable but not essential
Solutions Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client.
- Contract Negotiation
- Tender Management