Buyer - Food Procurement Company - Job Summary
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, confident and commercially driven Buyer to join a market-leading food procurement company. This position offers the opportunity for excellent career progression, training, development, and a competitive salary.
Buyer - Food Procurement Company - Role Responsibility
- As a Buyer, you will report to the Procurement Manager and engage with suppliers to deliver value on behalf of our clients:
- Assume responsibility for, and manage assigned Categories to deliver reduced product costs in line with company buying strategy
- Performance manage assigned Suppliers in line with company buying strategy
- Implement agreed improvement practices in partnership with key suppliers, and 'inspire improvement’ to deliver enhanced client satisfaction
- Deliver team projects to plan and manage tasks efficiently to meet client requirements
- Drive quality standards and ensure that suppliers operate to best practice and in a safe manner
- Support buying team activity to help deliver sustained business growth.
Buyer - Food Procurement Company - The Ideal Candidate
- It is essential that you have previous experience in a buying role, ideally in the food industry
- You must be analytical and have strong numerical skills
- You should be very organised, work well in a team as well as autonomously
- You will need to have a dynamic approach to our clients systems and processes should be implemented to improve efficiency
- Have the ability to quickly build relationships with clients and have a proven track record of strong negotiating skills
- Educated to a graduate level preferred
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.