Are you a Buyer who is passionate about FMCG products or a Junior Buyer ready to take the next step in their career?
Do you want to gain experience across a broad range of categories?
Do you thrive in dealing with major branded suppliers?
The retail sector can be unpredictable yet we have seen consistent growth from the value sector from a number of years. To keep up with this growth, our clients are seeking the very best talent to work in the pacey, competitive yet hugely rewarding environment that comes with the value sector. For those who enjoy working in an entrepreneurial manner, where the red tape is cut and you are encouraged to use your experience, knowledge and passion to make commercial decisions, then you may be interested to learn more about this particular Buying role.
As a Buyer for our client, you will thrive from working at pace and balancing your focus on both the products and the commercials. In this particular role, you will be given real opportunity to demonstrate your commercial acumen and negotiation skills. You will enjoy working at pace to keep ahead of the competition and will use this as an opportunity to put your name to something.
Suitable candidates will offer the following:
- Develop range strategies that will deliver budgeted sales & margin
- Source products from reliable suppliers in UK and overseas and negotiate to secure best quality products at lowest possible cost price
- Take responsibility for short & long term sales forecasting, & work in partnership with the merchandiser to constantly review performance
- Analyse Department performance and have full understanding of what is driving sales, stocks & profit
- Development of your team, generating passion about sourcing the right products for our customers and show autonomy in being able to make those key commercial decisions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working within an FMCG Buyer position
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Leadership skills
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress in a dynamic and forward thinking environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job