* Manage and develop a portfolio of categories and specifically co-ordinate the companies interface with the associated suppliers to ensure products and services purchased lead to improving value and improving service to customers
* Develop, implement and review supplier category development plan to deliver agreed business objectives.
* Develop and maintain inter functional interfaces to ensure internal and external customer and business requirements are properly identified and ensure that appropriate solutions are achieved through supplier management and relationship management
* Undertake the purchasing process for all the products within the portfolio in accordance with company procedure and practices to ensure required availability of product at target cost or better.
* Monitor, review and challenge cost of sales to improve value for money for the business.
* Identify and comment on achievements and on variations (to plans, costs, partnership programme, etc.) as they arise to ensure the business can direct appropriate corrective action.
* Expand on product and market knowledge relating to portfolio of categories and commodities responsible. Become the procurement expert in these.
* Support the MRP planners/expeditors to drive down back orders and increase supplier delivery performance across the portfolio of suppliers.
*2 years relevant purchasing experience, with a good knowledge of products and suppliers.
*Membership of the CIPS (or studying/willing to study for same).
*Experience in negotiating contracts and prices
*Good communication and inter-personal skills.
*Negotiation and persuasion skills.
*Ability to conduct effective meetings.
*Flexible and willing, desire to exceed targets set.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- category buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job