Our well established and expanding client is looking for a Buyer to join a friendly and close knit team. Due to continuous growth within the business, this is a newly created position and you will be a key member to facilitate the role requirements!
The ideal candidate will have proven buying experience working in a manufacturing environment with the ability to communicate across all levels both internally and externally. You will be working closely with the Head Buyer and Head of Production.
There is great training and development on offer - including study support for a CIPS qualification!
The company offer fantastic benefits including company profit share scheme (10%), 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, parking, healthcare, life insurance, generous pension scheme!
- To support and assist the Head Buyer/Production Manager in all departmental functions to ensure quality of service both internally and externally
- To develop and maintain reliable supplier base to ensure timely, cost effective supply and maximum product quality
- To obtain pricing and delivery dates from suppliers and to communicate the information to relevant parties
- To place orders, liaising with suppliers to expedite orders and act on information as needed
- Assist in aspects of goods returns and rejections
- To check invoice queries, update pricing and challenge/negotiate pricing as needed
- To assist in developing suitable and dependable supplier base
- To deputise in Head Buyer’s absence
- To be responsible, along with the Head Buyer, for internal quality audits and to report to senior management and outside bodies as required
- At least 2-3 years’ buying experience ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Good negotiation skills
- Naturally numerate/analytical
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure/work towards tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
Hours - Mon- Fri 8.30am-4.30pm
Benefits - Company profit share scheme (10%), 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, parking, healthcare, life insurance, generous pension scheme!