A Buyer / Expeditor is required for an established manufacturer of automated work holding and robotic handling equipment.
The role is needed to help streamline the purchasing function by purchasing production parts on time in readiness for the build schedule.
The role of Buyer / Expeditor will include:
- Taking accountability for purchasing electronics, pneumatics, industrial robots and factored products from a range of established suppliers.
- Coordinating the purchasing function to free up the time of project managers who have historically been responsible for their own purchasing.
- Work closely with designers and project leaders to understand the lead times for each project.
- Cost negotiation and supplier sourcing may form part of the role as you become more established in the role.
The suitable candidate for this role of Buyer /Expeditor will need to possess the following experience:
- Existing Buyer / Expeditor within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Able to read a basic engineering drawing is desirable but not essential
- experience purchasing electronics and machined components is desirable but not essential.
This role will suit an existing buyer or Expeditor looking for their next step where there is the opportunity to make the role their own and to create an established purchasing function over time.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Buyer /Expeditor then please click on the link.
- project buyer
- Senior buyer
- supplier negotiation
- supplier sourcing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job