Buyer (Engineering Projects)
We are seeking a Buyer ideally with experience of (engineering) project procurement processes to join us to be at the heart of our growing engineering business.
You will be charged with not only supporting all procurement and purchasing activities, including assisting with delivering specialist procurement advice and commercial support but with driving innovative solution development, ensuring best in class procurement methodology and current best practice thinking is employed.
Purpose of Role:
To provide a dedicated and complete procurement and purchasing service to Dematic in respect of:
• Coordination of purchase-related initiatives within projects
• Target cost management in compliance with project targets/milestones within purchasing processes and guidelines
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders on a local level (e.g. project manager, material planner and demand owner)
• Signs local contracts based on permission regulations
• Approves project specific and purchasing related cornerstones in accordance with Dematic global guidance
• Places Purchase Orders based on permission regulations
• Follow the Procurement policy and procedures and maintenance thereof
• Supplier management including consistent evaluation and development
• Support in reporting of key KPI’s into the global Dematic business
• Provide support to the purchasing manager and take an active leadership role within the purchasing department.
To be successful in this business critical role you will have excellent negotiation skills, sound personal skills, e.g. confidence, coupled with an ability to persuade customers and suppliers alike, often under cost or time critical conditions. You will be experience in a purchasing or logistics function preferably within a engineering delivery related industry. ERP knowledge / SAP SRM/MM knowledge and MCIPS qualification is highly desirable.
About Dematic:Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimise the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centres and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimise material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centres. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
We offer: Competitive salary and benefits package. Contributory Pensions Scheme of up to 10% (and life assurance). Cycle to work and child care voucher schemes. Excellent career development opportunities within a growing global business. An active charitable and social programme. A creative, innovative and inclusive organisational culture. A modern office environment. Free fruit and a subsidised onsite restaurant with access to our free onsite gym and wellness programme.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"