Our client based in Peterborough is looking for a Buyer to Cover a period of Maternity (12 months) to start In February 2018. Our client is a well established business in Peterborough and you will be working for a stable team. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the position will manage operationally the direct procurement of the organisation, with involvement in indirect spend where appropriate. The position will take a special focus on stock control, management and a lean approach to the internal and external supply chain. Other duties will involve work on BoM cost control, supplier development and supply chain development, cost reduction and management of transfers on an operational and strategic level. The role requires a flexible approach to supply chain and business management.
• Buying experience within supply chain/procurement/purchasing role, with experience in multiple industries/sectors.
• Internal and external stakeholder management experience.
• MRP planning and expediting experience.
• Stock control.
• Supply chain improvement and innovation.
• Supplier performance management.
• Value improvement
• Problem solving (lean six sigma approach).
• Project management skills.
This is a 12 month contract and so you MUST be able to commit to the contract and also be able to start in February 2018. Interviews to happen in January 2018