Initially a 12 month maternity cover, with a genuine opportunity to continue permanently if the right attitude, ambition and drive is showcased. Although product experience is advantageous, the role is open to Junior Buyers ready to step up into a Buying position.
One of the Uk's leading trade-only distributors of IT products, dealing directly with the worlds leading manufacturers to service SME and retailers within the Electronics industry.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing you will be responsible for all aspects of the purchasing process and the promotion of products in your designated areas including:
Negotiating with vendors to:
- Achieve best pricing
- Favourable delivery and payment terms
- Maximise vendor support, marketing funds, and rebates
- Liase with vendors to arrange promotions, spiff days, customer prizes and other incentives
- Liase internally with Sales and Marketing to ensure your products are promoted effectively
- Provide support to the Sales department to ensure that they are able to effectively promote products to our customers and to provide all necessary advice and support to enable our customers to effectively promote products
- Responsible for accurate and effective representation of your products on our website, pricelists, promotions and all other relevant areas. As the market and customer shopping behaviour evolves, website range management is a growing part of the buyer role.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance for your product areas:
- Produce weekly updates and insight on your product areas for internal reporting, planning and for the Sales/ Marketing departments
- Identify, locate and evaluate suppliers for new product opportunities
- Locate and evaluate new suppliers for existing product areas where appropriate
Responsibility for all aspects of stock management for your product areas:
- Maximise stock turnover
- Minimise out of stocks and shortages
- Minimise slow stocks and obsolescence and take any necessary corrective actions to stimulate demand on slow moving lines
- Review pricing of all products on a regular basis, in line with category objectives
- Review market pricing and replacement pricing on a daily basis
- Review customer price objections as they arise and take corrective action as required
Responsible for all aspects of the relationships with vendors in your product areas:
- Liase with vendors regularly to develop strategies for product promotion in conjunction with the Marketing team.
- Maintain strong relationships with all suppliers and ensure that they are providing the best possible levels of support for both Target and for our customers
- Resolve any service or other issues with vendors as they arise
Other requirements of the purchasing process including:
- Ensure compliance of products with relevant quality standards in conjunction with Commercial Manager
- Maintain accurate and up to date supplier information
- Collating and creating purchase orders
- Review order acknowledgements/confirmation
- Monitor delivery dates and supplier performance
- Monitor vendor refunds, rebates, marketing funds etc and raise appropriate claims
- Monitoring product quality issues and addressing with suppliers.
- An experienced Buyer within a retail, wholesale or distributor background.
- Alternatively an experienced Junior Buyer with the drive and ambition to step up to Buyer level
- It would be advantageous to possess product knowledge within Electrical and Electrical Components, however product knowledge can be trained on the job.
- Attitude is key - A buyer who can identify opportunities, has the drive to work autonomously and ability to continue the positive culture instilled within the wider business.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation skills at all levels
- Strong purchasing background, with good knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques.
Competitive Salary with Health Scheme, Pension contribution, 10% Profit Share Bonus & 20 days holiday excluding bank holidays (plus extra 3/4 days between Christmas and New Years period)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job