Buyer - Design & Manufacturing, Kent
A Global leading Design & Manufacturing company is recruiting for a Buyer to be based at offices near Chatham, Kent.
Working within the Procurement department and reporting to the Procurement Supervisor the role is responsible for purchasing established production parts, vendor monitoring and control and continual cost reduction within standard costs and departmental budget.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Raising orders for materials & services efficiently
- Expediting deliveries to ensure continuity of supply
- Liaising with suppliers and monitoring their performance on delivery & quality
- Building close relationships with internal stakeholders
- Promoting & abiding by best procurement practices
- Supporting the Procurement Manager and Procurement Supervisor with projects & cost down activities
- Support management of inventory and stock levels to meet customer requirements
- Reconcile invoice/Purchase Order differences with accounts dept and supplier.
- Undertake additional duties that may be required by the organisation
Skills & Experience Required;
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in purchasing or procurement function
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to learn bespoke systems and programmes
- Experience of using an MRP system
- Competitive salary package which includes bonus scheme
- Full and rewarding career with a globally expanding organisation
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a supportive and dynamic environment.
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Supply Chain & Logistics industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"