Buyer – Cookware
Nisbets is currently looking to appoint a Buyer for our Cookware category. Reporting to the Senior Buyer for the Back of House product portfolio you will research and develop a defined product range to complement the existing product offering across our Brands.
You will achieve competitive advantage for the business through product selection, best source identification and negotiation of terms. You will also have the ability to identify current and future trends. Previous experience of buying cookware is preferred although experience of buying commercial or consumer-led products is essential.
The role would suit an Assistant/ Junior Buyer looking to take the step up in to a full Buyer position.
As a Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Proposing, developing and implementing brand strategies in order to develop a suitable product portfolio to support the long term goals of the business
- Creating an annual business plan to detail the tactical execution of the brand strategy
- Performing regular reviews against business plan targets and producing monthly board updates
- Researching and analysing into competitor activity in relation to product ranges, brand development, presentation to market and pricing structures
- Building and developing relationships with local and global suppliers, whilst monitoring ongoing performance
- Negotiating and maintaining supplier agreements to minimise potential liabilities whilst maximising supplier performance
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience from within a Buying role with commercial or consumer-led products
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Developed planning and organisation skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial agreements and trading practice
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job