Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Buyer to join a dynamic and exciting Construction company, based in Edmonton, North London, where you will aid the business by placing orders for products/services to assist with the delivery of projects and monitoring areas of development. You will be joining a small Procurement team, where collaboration is key.
Potential candidates need to have a professional manner, be able to demonstrate their organisation skills and maintain a positive approach to their work. This is a great opportunity and one not to be missed.
This position is a Contract, which is anticipated to be until the end of 2021, although there is the potential that the successful candidate could be kept on, as the business is growing.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Raising and tracking purchase orders for goods/services following receipt of a materials requisition, issued by site management
- Raising plant hire orders and maintaining plant records including off-hire information
- Continually monitoring current processes/trends and discussing areas of improvement with Procurement Manager
- Thinking strategically and creatively to mitigate spend across all contracts
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive relationships with key suppliers
- Continually learning and developing product knowledge of construction materials
- Monitoring materials budgets and attempting to operate within these parameters
- Investigating and resolving invoice queries made out against purchase orders
- Attending and offering personal insight in procurement meetings
Previous experience within the construction industry is key for this position and it would be an advantage if you are available to start immediately. This position requires enthusiasm, strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively, at all levels. The office environment is superb and has a highly collaborative feel.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send across your CV asap.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, Technical and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'