Buyer - construction environment
We are assisting an award-winning company locally to recruit an experienced Buyer working in a newly created business-critical role. Ideally candidates applying will have worked in a similar role within either construction or M&E environments.
Buyer - Job Overview
As Buyer your duties will include;
- Negotiate and manage product costs for the business, without compromising on service or quality
- Source, negotiate and confirm contracts with suppliers on an international basis
- Work with the existing department heads to control current buying methods/suppliers
- Work closely with appropriate teams to maintain both stock levels and stock availability across the company
- Manage the product lifecycle including sourcing, pricing, placement, stock holding and turn around within your product category
- Respond to product requests, new business quotations, tenders and enquiries received from the sales team
- Develop a strong and positive working relationship with all category suppliers
- To proactively be aware of supplier, market and competitor developments to ensure the company are remaining competitive and at the forefront of product development
- Liaise with associated departments to assess and manage supplier performance
- Ensure the company meet the best route to market options
- Tender involvement from a procurement angle
Buyer - Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of working within construction or M&E environments
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
Buyer – Benefits Offered
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- 40 hour working week – some flexibility may be needed in busier periods
- Full benefits package
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"