The role will support in the co-ordination of buying activity for Product & Purchasing non-accommodation buying as required by Group source markets. The focus of the role will be on TUI Concept and TUI Destination Services ancillary, service & supply agreements, which cover the TUI Group source markets and/or TUI Destination Services. These will include, but not be limited to, the overseeing of ancillaries (gifts and prizes), logistics (incl regional sourcing strategy), branded hardware & equipment and merchandise agreements.
The role will need to engage and consult with various internal and external stakeholders, including the Product Concept team, TUI Destination Services teams, the Accommodation Purchasing teams, Group Marketing (and source market marketing teams) and the source market Product teams. The role will be involved in helping to define and implement the appropriate contracting strategy for each area, as well as overseeing the negotiation & contracting of the relevant supplies/services, whilst ensuring that service delivery levels are met and fully comply with the legal, commercial and health and safety requirements of each Group source market.
This position will be based in our Luton office and is offered on a fixed term contract basis.
What you will be doing
The role holder will engage and consult with the various source markets and key stakeholders (internal and external) in order to help define and scope out the appropriate contracting strategy for each category within a pre-determined time period and commercial / financial targets, ensuring buying strategy is aligned to the individual source markets product and business strategy. You will need to ensure an adequate awareness of all source market product and service delivery requirements to ensure that all requirements are in scope and considered. The role holder will have an adequate awareness of geographical macro-economic indicators to ensure competitiveness through benchmarking and tendering (the candidate is not required to be qualified in this aspect, but should have a broad working knowledge or understanding of benchmarking and tendering practices).
You will assist with the delivery of required synergy benefits identified within non-accommodation buying and work in line with governance and best practice procedures for all tenders, negotiations, supplier evaluation and vendor rating processes across all Group source markets. Supplier negotiations / maintenance of supplier relationships will be a key focus for this role and some processing of POs using SAP for all indirect spend where appropriate
What we are looking for
- Ability to review any contracting activity in line with wider, over-arching Product and Purchasing Strategy. Appreciation of contractual and financial risk is of critical importance to this role
- A broad working knowledge or understanding of benchmarking and tendering practices
- Ability to work with multinational colleagues and gain buy in from a range of stakeholders
- Experience of dealing with several different types (micro and macro-economic factors) of destination and delivering and maintaining hard differentiated product through key suppliers.
- Ability to drive change in an assertive and confident manner. Shows positive attitude even in the most difficult of circumstances.
- Demonstrates the ability to use ‘emotional intelligence’ by considering the needs of own and others’ emotions. Especially, in building long term commercial relationships.
- Ability to manage relationships with all key stakeholders across a range of seniority and roles
- Collaborative and innovative approach to manage and bridge the potentially conflicting demands of multiple stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of tour operating business processes.
- Ability to work well under own initiative and under pressure.
- Ability to influence and persuade internal and external customers through open and directional communication according to audience.
- Performance driven with a passion for change management and results.
- Ability to use excellent verbal and written skills, ability to adapt the style of these skills according to the audience.
- Use of excellent analytical skills in consideration, evaluation and making business case decisions
- CIPS qualification or commitment to work towards attaining qualification
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide. With some of the best known holiday brands in the world, we offer inspiration, booking, flights, transfers, hotels and cruise ships to over 30 million customers every year all under one roof.
With over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships, we are able to design unique and individually tailored holiday experiences with consistent high quality for our customers. Our 63,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise - ”Discover your smile”.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you & your CV.