Buyer Business Services/ IT Purchasing - Northampton
Business Services Buyer (IT Purchasing)
£Competitive DOE + Group Performance Bonus & Benefits
Are you a qualified Procurement professional looking for your next opportunity? Do you have experience in sourcing technology based categories?
If so, Opus Energy are hiring and we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax Group, is a well-established business to business energy supplier with current operations in Northampton, Oxford and Cardiff, employing over 850 people across multiple specialisms. In a continued period of expansion, we're now looking to recruit a Business Services Buyer to join our Procurement team. This position will be responsible for delivering all aspects of strategic sourcing on a range of technology based categories which will deliver towards the overall Procurement strategy.
In this role your key responsibilities will include;
- Establishing and maintaining an efficient and effective procurement service to support the purchasing needs of a variety of functions with a particular focus on technology.
- Perform detailed supply market analysis, research potential suppliers for stakeholder consideration and continually review existing supply deals.
- Execute end to end tendering process and manage supplier queries, escalating as required.
- Effectively capture, record, manage and update the Master Contract Repository of all contracts and spend, working with business stakeholders to ensure proactive management of contracts and contract renewals.
- Enhance tender documentation for each project as required with stakeholders. Obtain sign off from stakeholders for key procurement documents such as requirements, RFPs, key price negotiations and business cases.
- Commercially review contracts and service levels, working closely with project managers and operational teams to provide best practice terms.
- Carry out analysis, prepare materials and represent Procurement perspective at Project Board meetings pre and post contract agreement.
The successful applicant will have a background in sourcing either products or services with IT Purchasing experience highly desirable. Ideally you will have obtained CIPS Diploma Level 4 and will have a desire to progress further through the qualification (study support available). You will possess a demonstrable track record in achieving savings and influencing people at all levels in order to increase efficiencies across the procurement journey. Due to the nature of the role, strong numerical ability combined with IT literacy including MS PowerPoint and Excel is essential as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds of interest and you are looking for your next opportunity please apply or get in touch or further detail!
You may also have experience of;
IT Procurement, CIPS, Category Management, Senior Buyer, Tender Management, IT Purchasing, Purchasing Officer, Buyer.
- IT Procurement
- Tender Management
- Senior Buyer
- Category Management
- IT Purchasing
- Purchasing Officer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job