First Personnel are currently recruiting on behalf of an Automotive Production company for an experienced Buyer to support all Purchase based business activities.
This is a group role which is based in Birmingham but occasional travel to Oxford will be expected.
This role will support new projects, trouble shoot problems in the supply base and be an integral part in managing a robust, successful and commercially viable supply base.
The role is Full-Time and Permanent (37.5 hours) with the shift pattern being flexible when needed, however a normal working day would usually be 08:00am to 16:45pm - approx.
Salary is up to £30’000 with added benefits of 2 x annual salary life assurance and a 4% pension contribution.
- Project purchase activity including identifying, understanding and documenting all required components and sub suppliers, communicating with suppliers and agreeing prices and terms.
- As a member of the project team you will work with other functions to ensure that suppliers meet the programme needs.
- Work in a methodical, organised and timely manner to ensure that contracts are awarded to suppliers of goods and services in line with the operational needs of the business. This will include hardware, software, capital goods, service contracts and lease agreements.
- Identify sources and submit proposals for the purchase of raw materials (including paint), packaging and logistics support to ensure all expected parts are on site, on time.
- Process purchase requisitions, raising orders upon approval when the purchase administrators are unavailable.
- Strive to reduce the company’s supply base using performance evaluation methodology.
- Define, implement and manage cost-effective systems for all frequently procured goods and services.
- If requested, support Schedule Co-ordinators with expediting of materials from suppliers.
- Assist with supplier development and performance measurement activity.
- Attend a monthly 1-1 with your Line Manager and ensure completion of an annual Training Needs Analysis.
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation is accurate and that detailed records are maintained and monitored.
- Carry out reasonable tasks as requested by the Purchasing Manager in line with department and/or company objectives.
- Continually seek ideas for improving daily activities to reduce costs and improve quality. Communicate these ideas to your manager.
- Adopt new methods of working practices to eliminate non-value added activity aligned to business needs.
- Drive and support the requirements to hold up accreditations (eg. TS16949 and ISO14001).
- Be professional in your attitude to the job and in the manner with which you conduct your duties. Always present a professional image when communicating internally and externally.
- Be committed to your department and continually strive to achieve an excellent working relationship as a supportive team member.
- Maintain professional and effective relationships with other functions.
- Work in a methodical, organised and timely way to allow all areas of the business sufficient time to allow co-ordinate planning of activities.
- Always be punctual and reliable. To notify your manager if you are to be late or absent from work due to unforeseen circumstances. To follow company notification procedures.
- Keep your area of work clean and tidy at all times. Adhering to the standard of the 5s housekeeping audit, therefore minimising risk to products and employees.
- Ensure that you understand and comply with the Health & Safety at work regulations at all times.
- Report all accidents, potential near miss / risk situations and defective equipment using the agreed procedure and wear company issued PPE at all times.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Cost reductions achieved.
- Reduce number of active suppliers.
- Absence (sickness) below 2%.
- Audit Accreditation and zero defects attributable to department.
- Training Matrix Validations completed 100% and kept up to date.
- Drive the culture of minimising accidents and reporting near misses.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job