Public Services organisation, Salisbury - 6 month fixed-term contract job for Buyer Administrator
Procurement Buyer Administrator
6 month fixed-term contract job for a Procurement Buyer Administrator £18,000 to £21,000
One of Hays well-established and highly reputable Public Services organisations based in the Salisbury area , is seeking two Procurement Buyer Administrators to join their team on a fixed term contract, for an initial temporary period of 6 months.
These positions report in to the Purchasing Manager and the main duties involve:
- Process requisitions raised within the iProcurement System for goods and services. Ensure they are properly authorised and placed with the appropriate supplier, checking where active agreements exist, seeking guidance from the Category Management Team as required
- Advise end users on the contracting/ordering process providing appropriate contact point information as necessary
- Respond to supplier queries and end user knowledge based information requests
- Ensure that all purchases comply with current legislative obligations, Purchasing Policy and Standing Financial Instructions.
- Maintenance of supplier details on the iProcurement System
- Collect and collate business data as required to provide information for management reports
- Ensure good working relationships are created with colleagues, customers and suppliers at all levels
- Undertake all administrative tasks and provide cover commensurate with the job description for colleagues who are absent.
- Provide customer support using multiple email boxes, call logging system and telephone systems
Previous experience working within a Procurement function is desirable and you will have experience and good working knowledge of financial/purchasing business systems on the back of this.
You must have previously worked within a customer services environment and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team, and have the ability to manage your own time effectively, prioritising fluctuating workloads.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job