Buyer - 9 Month FTC
The Buyer will work as part of a small team, providing operational purchasing support as a result of an increasing order book. This position is available on a 9 month, fixed term contract basis. The Buyer will be responsible for raising purchase orders on the company MRP system, expediting and building relationships with the supply chain. The Buyer will source from a predominately, electro-mechanical supply chain.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Purchase Order Management - Raise, place and expedite
- Supplier Management - build relationships, monitor performance and drive improvements
- Stock Control - Monitor inventory levels and make production, and Supply Chain Manager aware of shortages
- Handle supplier invoice queries
- MRP management - Raise purchase orders on MRP system and maintain MRP data
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in engineering and production
- Contribute to an atmosphere of LEAN thinking and process improvement
Applicants to the Buyer role should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing, Supply Chain or Buyer experience within a manufacturing or engineering company
- Experience in the use of an MRP system
- The ability to build relationships and manage supplier performance
- Comfortable working on a 9 month fixed term contract basis
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"