Buyer - 6 month contract - Devon
Buyer - 6 month contract
Negotiable Hourly Rate
Recruit12 have a new opportunity for a Buyer to join a widely respected organisation, by supporting the purchasing and MP&L teams in ordering material required for all jobs and scheduling the work through the facility ensuring customer demands are met.
As a Buyer, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material and packaging as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Purchasing support for the manufacturing facility.
- Liaising with customers for delivery timing.
- Negotiating with suppliers around cost and delivery.
- Ensure Exact items and Suppliers are correctly set up.
- Support change management activities for ongoing projects and production motors.
- Arrange shipping of materials to the site.
To be successful as a Buyer, you must have:
- Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Power apps and advanced skills with MS Excel
- UK Driving license
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Must be experienced in a previous purchasing/planning role
- The role demands a self-starting individual with a dynamic and flexible mindset.
- Self-motivated, production-orientated individuals with effective communication skills.
- Can work under pressure in a demanding role that is key to the success of the department
- Procurement experience
- The ability to work in a team and on their own to achieve their objectives
This position is based in Devonshire and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Devon, Paignton, Exeter, and other surrounding areas.
If the position as a Buyer excites you, then please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'