Our client is transforming the mortgage lending space and doing it with the best minds in Technology and Finance. If you want to find a start up doing things the right way with massive growth potential and a dynamic environment, please get in touch.
We're looking for an underwriter to help us revolutionize the world of peer-to-peer lending and support our fast-growing business.
It is a fun place to work where everyone’s goal is to work hard to ensure that our customers get a great service, good products and that the company succeeds. This is a great opportunity to work in a business that will provide you with exposure and knowledge that you would not gain working for a large institution. There is a flat management structure where everyone pulls their weight so your contribution will count every day.
- Work closely with intermediaries to manage the mortgage process and pipeline from application to completion within SLA
- Work closely with USO role to ensure all new applications have the required documentation as per policy and criteria
- Provide updates to management on application progress, highlighting any issues
- Demonstrate a good understanding of:
- Credit Bureau reports (both personal and company)
- Land Registry reports
- Assist mortgage lending decisions in line with the lending policy.
- Provide support and guidance for colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting, completion of mortgages and become a mandated lending officer.
- Full case approval/underwriting according to SLA, including:
o Assessing Valuation reports
o Credit reports
o Proof of income
o Bank statements
o Any other supporting documents
o Clear rationale for documented for decisions
- Prepare cases outside of mandate for approval by the Chief Lending officer
- Contribute to the development of the mortgage proposition with Customers and Intermediaries.
- Supporting and developing the Underwriter Support’s skills and knowledge
- Other ad hoc tasks to ensure swift processing of cases
- Hold and maintain a mandate for approval of mortgage applications
- Review audit and QA findings for yourself and any associate USO to ensure that these are being addressed with training or performance management
- Identify and suggest improvements and changes to criteria and policy
- Good communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, as is a great telephone manner which you will use to win others over.
- Good project and time management skills
- The ability to work in a fast-moving environment where priorities sometimes change.
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- You must be comfortable working to a brief, as a member of a team as well as on your own
- You must be committed and enthusiastic and flexible
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify risks at an early stage
- You must have a good working knowledge of MS Office
- A good sense of humour.
- A future leader in the making whilst working in a collegiate environment
- The desire to succeed through collaborative commitment whilst also not being shy to want to stand out from the crowd from time to time.
- A self-confident communicator, team player with attention to detail and good time management
- Minimum experience of 1 year holding a £250,000 mandate or more
- Proven track record in similar department /business stream
- Working with databases
- Position is based in Victoria, central London, reporting to Head of Lending.
The application process
Those that are successful and shortlisted for the role will have two stage recruitment process containing a telephone interview and then a formal interview when you will meet the team.
- Regular Social events
- Burgers on Friday
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loans
- Generous Leave Package
- Start Up Environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'