One of leading clients are looking for experienced Commercial Butcher to run their Butchery Department like your own business. The company is the UK's leading cash & carry, where they offer business customers branded and own-label product which are sold to a wide and varied customer base that includes independent convenience stores, grocers, retailers, forecourts, off-licences, pubs, restaurants, event caterers, schools and care homes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage with Customers, building relationships with them to understand their business and their needs.
- Manage a team and relish the opportunity to train Butchers with the support of internal Butchery Apprentice scheme.
- Responsible for butchery sales & profit.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and legal requirements.
- Ensure that the Butchery Department complies with all legal and company standards.
- Use your expertise to generate new customers, develop existing customers business and grow Butchery for Booker Group.
- Manage a team to provide the highest customer service and merchandising standards.
- Previously ran your own Butcher shop or coached and developed a team of Butchers
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Proven ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Excellent customer service and cutting skills
Experience of working with carcases and knowledge of businesses within your local area is an advantage but not essential.
Commutable from: Farnham, Guildford, Farnborough, Milford, Aldershot, Woking, Basingstoke
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.