VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and construction group providing integrated engineering solutions, is looking for a Business Unit Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) to join its team.
This is a key role within the VolkerFitzpatrick (VF) Finance team with its overall purpose being to provide 'first class' financial and commercial support and expertise to the largest subsidiary of the VolkerWessels Group in the UK. The role encompasses a range of responsibilities that are principally focussed around a) delivery of high quality and robust financial control and reporting for VF, and; b) the provision of pro-active support for one of the commercial divisions of the business.
The broad nature of the role demands a high calibre, versatile individual who is comfortable both in core financial disciplines, and in partnering effectively with commercial teams to add value and enhance the performance of the business. The successful candidate must be able to perform in a fast moving, dynamic environment, drive real change and process improvements, and be commercially focussed, whilst ensuring financial integrity and control
The key accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Monthly reporting to Group including exposure to consolidations
- Preparation of monthly Divisional Business Unit Review packs
- Improving and further developing reporting processes
- Involvement in developing sustainable improvements in cash
- Identifying areas for improvement in process or controls and proposing solutions
- Develop management information and analysis to fulfil client and regulatory body obligations
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required