Business Travel Consultant - Out of hours - UK Wide
We are currently recruiting for an experienced home-based Business Travel Consultant (out of hours) on behalf of our client who are a leading global provider of emergency travel solutions and business continuity support. The Out of Hours Travel Consultant is required to represent top brand Travel Management Companies when they are closed, overnight, during the weekends and public holidays.
Job Responsibilities of the Business Travel Consultant - Out of hours are:
- Book and confirm flights, car, hotel, transfers, Eurostar, UK Rail and any other third party requirements for clients using multiple GDS
- Adhering and Policing Client profiles
- Log all calls details correctly for billing purposes.
- Assisting customers in a professional, polite and upbeat manner
- Understand intricate international airline fares and ruling
- Understand & execute intricate international airline ticketing
- Retrieve and understand company BAR instructions
- Basic knowledge of Visas, UK & European Airports and UK Rail
- Objection handle in professional manner
- Liaise and Set up bill payments to hotels, order currency and arrange car payment vouchers.
- Abide by the company’s service quality standards
- The role is a remote home-based job and you will need a space that is free from distraction.
Skills and experience required for the Business Travel Consultant - Out of hours:
- GDS systems knowledge - Sabre / Galileo / Amadeus
- Ticketing experience would be advantageous
- Previous Business Travel bookings experience
- Strong destination and geographical knowledge
- Strong Customer Service skills with empathy
- Fluent in English, with strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and understands good teamwork
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
This role is out of hours and will require regular weekend and evening work. There will also be a requirement to work Bank Holidays as standard.
Alternatively apply online via our website where you can register your CV, get job alerts and see all of our current vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job