Throgmorton is a leading provider of finance, accounting and administrative solutions to the financial services industry, with a particular focus on the alternative asset management sector, oil and gas, and AIM-listed companies.
Our diverse expertise means we can support any company who wishes to outsource their finance, accounting, payroll, tax, HR and administrative functions.
Throgmorton have achieved double digit growth since 2014, with headcount increasing to over 100. Our culture is to actively encourage development, both from an academic and personal level with a view to promoting staff internally. Over the past two years we have promoted over 30% of our accounting staff.Job Description
• You will work in a team of accountants, specifically on a portfolio of clients where you will assist in producing deliverables including the completion of monthly client management accounts comprising of preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries such as prepayments and accruals.
• You will assist in the completion of payment runs for your clients up to bank reconciliation stage, and reviewing ledgers to ensure no duplicated payments.
• First draft preparation of fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedules.
• Assist in preparation of relevant tax filings such as VAT returns, corporation tax returns and P11ds.
• You will prepare an audit file for your clients at year end to assist in the statutory process and assist with preparation of draft financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS as applicable.
• Ensure documents are filed in line with policy to ensure that they can easily be retrieved when needed.
• You will be willing to learn and with a view to undertaking the ACA/ACCA professional accountancy qualification.
• Knowledge of basic accountancy work is preferable, but not essential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively (written & oral) at all levels.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application with your CV here.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job