- Technical Analyst ( multiple positions)
- Ref: TALE1
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: Up to £52,000 (dependent on experience & assessment performance
- Contract: Full time (40 hours)
- Contract Length: 23 month fixed term contracts & permanent contracts (dependent on eligibility)
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC), with emphasis on innovation, is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. Did we mention that we’re dedicated to innovation? The CIC is a fast-paced and dynamic business, created to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Buzzing with invention, originality and a pioneering spirit, it feels like an entrepreneurial start-up, but with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company.
We offer a unique experience for those with exceptional talent, extraordinary ambitions and forward thinking ideas. The CIC is place for people with real enthusiasm and a passion for IT, a place for those who want a challenge, ask questions, and explore what’s possible.
We could write here about how we want flexible, hard-working and driven individuals to join our rapidly expanding team, and we do, but we’re also looking for more than that. We want people who will go the extra mile, grab the bull by the horns and shout "I can do this!" We’re looking for people that are hungry to grow, who think outside the box and that thrive in a friendly and energetic working environment.
What do we look for in a person?
- Resilience to change - Because it can and will happen
- Passionate - To make a difference
- Inquisitive - Go on, ask a question!
- Team Player - Teamwork makes the dream work
- Fun - As it’s a vital part of our innovative culture!
This is not a list of generic personal attributes, this is a list of what we are looking for in an employee, a list of qualities that we live and breathe in the CIC. If this sounds like you, then we want you in our team!
As one of the world’s largest, and most innovative, companies we deliver top-notch services using cutting-edge technology, so your skills count!
Candidates will have a real passion for IT! The CIC is looking for talented, experienced individuals to work as architects, technical designers and technical analysts within our dynamic and rapidly expanding team. You will liaise with clients to gather requirements through defined techniques to deliver business outcomes for software solution and implementation.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A background in architecture or technical design and development and in particular of integration environments and interface development.
- The ability to analyse and understand application and infrastructure landscapes and the integration needs to transfer data across application components.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Evaluate and transform information into fit for purpose solutions
- Produce documentation and specifications for solutions
- Understand software systems and services
- Support delivery with the complete SDLC
- Knowledge and understanding of IT systems, infrastructure, databases and software
- Software development experience - preferable with Java technologies
- Ability to work with product management and development teams to provide technical consultancy input into product and technical enhancements
- Implementation of configurable package solutions such as SAP, guidewire, or similar technologies
Ideally candidates will have experience within the financial service sector.
We typically ask for a 2:1 or above in Business, Management, Computer Science, or other STEM discipline where logical thinking is applied. However, if you don’t have a 2:1 degree and have a proven track record of IT BA experience, we will still consider your application.
Perks don’t hurt
As well as a competitive salary and a career in a world- leading IT organisation, we also offer a number of additional benefits! As an employee at the IBM CIC UK, you will receive access to our Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, as well as discounts at leading high street and online retailers. Our offices are modern with agile work spaces, with the addition of flexible break out areas - some of our sites also have table tennis and arcade games!
As the CIC is very much an employee focused environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to travel to client’s sites and other IBM and CIC centres across the UK, sometimes even further! Travel flexibility is important to us as our clients often like to work with you face to face. You will be expected to travel throughout your employment so we are looking for explorers, those people who are willing to go the extra mile for our clients (quite literally!) If you are not willing to travel to projects then we won’t be able to consider your application.
All applicants must hold a UK work permit or visa valid for a two year period prior to applying. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.