Are you an experienced Business Studies Teacher with experience delivering the iGCSE Business Studies syllabus? Are you looking for a great tax free opportunity teaching overseas in the Northern Emirates on a 2 year fixed term contract?
Alderwood are representing a large and successful teaching organisation that is responsible for running a large number of private schools in the Middle East. We are looking for a large number of experienced and qualified Business teachers to join them in August 2017.
You will be responsible for providing high quality teaching and learning support to students aged 14-18 years old by conducting sound competency assessments with your discipline. You are also required to provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the company.
Teach and assess competencies in a range of business related areas
* Develop and share curriculum, teaching methods and resources
* Advise and assist students to develop their educational and career plans. Raise awareness of the facilities and support available
* Perform a range of administrative duties associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
* Ensure the observance of appropriate safety, health, welfare, security and good housekeeping standards
* Ensure the principles of equal opportunity in education and employment are applied to all staff and students, as appropriate in the UAE cultural context
* Provide advice and assistance to students, employers and members of the community and generally promote technical and further education and the Institute
* Be involved in and assist as required within the corporate life of the Institute meeting quality educational standards
Minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience at a recognized educational Institute.
* Appropriate vocational and or industry Project Management work experience.
* Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline (s)
* Ability to use student centered teaching strategies
* Highly developed classroom management skills
* Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline(s)
* Understanding of theories of learning together with a sound understanding of pedagogical and andragogical concepts
* Understanding of and ability to design and implement competency based assessment meeting specific learning outcome criteria
* Sound problem solving skills
* Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
* Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute to the team environment and objectives.
* Demonstrated high level customer service skills with external and internal customers
* Proven ability to implement & evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs
* Knowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in vocational education and training both locally and internationally
* Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising UAE and expatriates.
* Proven capacity to be flexible and responsive to situations
* Ability to use Information Technology in the class room such as Smart board, ppt. MS Word, Spreadsheets and Database
* Ability to use email.
* Ability to utilize and maximize web-based learning environments
Relevant degree (preferably at Masters Level) from an accredited higher education institution.
* Teaching and / or recognized assessor qualification (eg PGCE, Cert.Ed. A and V awards)
* Membership of professional association, Institute or body
* IELTS 7.0 Academic for non-Native English speakers.
In return you will receive:
- Full salary package of approximately £53,000pa (Basic salary + Accommodation & Transport allowance)
- Medical insurance for Employee, Spouse and up to 3 children
- Mobilisation & demobilsation flights
- End of Service Bonus
Recruitment days will be taking place in the following locations:
- London, UK
- Manchester, UK
- Sharjah, UAE
- New York, USA
There are also ongoing interviews in Sharjah, U.A.E. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO ONE OF THE LOCATIONS LISTED.
For more information or to apply, please email
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job