Our client based in Guildford is looking for a Business Systems Developer.
· To work on developing solutions within the Business Systems team, for use across the Enterprise and within specific areas of the business.
· To provide support to the business to ensure IT needs are met
· Design, develop, deploy and support a wide range of applications.
· Writing software, documentation and operating manuals.
· Researching and examining current and new applications
· Consulting with users and capturing requirements
· Testing and modifying applications to ensure that they operate reliably.
· Where necessary, provide support to the Service Desk and Infrastructure Teams team to help resolve technical problems.
· Other tasks as directed by the Head of IS or Senior Business Systems Developers.
Key Knowledge and/or experience of the following:
· Microsoft OSs ; Linux would be advantageous
· Developing and supporting IT tools in an engineering or technology industry.
· An understanding of Software Development processes (e.g. Agile) and the full software development lifecycle.
· Translating business needs into viable solution design
· Experience with the following languages: C#, Python, SQL
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas would be beneficial to the role:
· Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· Microsoft BI stack - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI
· Supporting document management systems such as SharePoint.
· Experience of supporting ERP/MRP systems
· Experience with the following languages: Perl, Tcl/Tk, Matlab
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
· Competent problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
· Team player with good communication skills.
· Ability to work under own initiative and in a busy environment.
· Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Display logical and analytical skills
· Is capable of working without supervision, and can take responsibility for deliverables.
· Business engagement
Index Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job