Business Systems Developer - up to £40,000 - Spalding, Linc
My top tier, award winning Client are now looking to expand their IT development function with a new developer to take on the increase in new projects and existing system support and maintenance required by the firm.
The in house team currently comprises of a Software Developer, Business Analyst / Project Manager and Application Support and Training Analyst. All systems infrastructure, administration and support is outsourced. The team take a professional approach to all aspects of the development cycle, including business analysis, design, iterative solution development, testing, project management and close liaison with other business functions in terms of implementation (training, support, project review and benefit assessment.)
The role would suit an experience developer, who possesses an eye for design with attention to detail a passion for process improvement and is looking for an opportunity to apply and develop their programming skills across a wide range of commercial applications within an exciting and progressive organisation.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the development, customisation and maintenance of application software and associated reporting solutions. The effective implementation of new or updated systems and the provision of high level application support in respect of calls escalated via the IT helpdesk.
- Development and maintenance of application software within our case management system - SOS Connect (this is a legal specific case and matter management / financial management system)
- Development of web based (Intranet, Internet and Extranet) database driven applications and reporting solutions
- Using reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Report and QlikView to create and maintain both simple and complex reporting solutions
- Database administration (creating databases, views, summary tables, stored procedures in support of application development)
- The set up and maintenance of integration solutions between internal and third party systems (SOS Accounts, Outlook, Intranet, Extranet, web services etc.)
- The delivery of technical solutions which demonstrably fulfil business requirements
- To ensure information security by design within application developments
- Review and technical appraisal of solutions developments of co-workers
- Definition of and adherence to appropriate development standards within a team environment
- To undertake planned maintenance and enhancement requests to existing applications
- To provide application support in relation to calls escalated from the helpdesk
- To undertake application testing prior to release
- Close liaison with the business analyst / project manager and technical support and training teams (outsourced) in terms of implementation and embedding new or updated solutions
- Technical documentation of developments
- Evaluation and recommendation of commercially available software
- To provide demonstrations and skills transfer in relation to new or updated systems
The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer with a desire to utilise their skills and expertise in a progressive and growing professional environment. Working as part of a close-nit team, the successful candidate will be a real team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are also looking for someone who possesses a genuine aptitude to learn, a passion for customer service excellence and deliver first-class work, which is right first time.
- Commercial software development experience, ideally within a legal case management environment
- Experience of developing web based, database driven solutions
- Experience of reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports or QlikView
o .Net development C#/VB (preferably C#)
o ASP.Net Webforms (HTML/CSS)
o SQL 2012, Stored procedures, Views, Linked systems,
- Familiarity with accounting / financial management systems, legal case or matter management applications, document production / management, or similar workflow solutions
- Integration experience within the Microsoft Office environment
- Experience of developing / maintaining management information and reporting systems
- An awareness of the software development lifecycle, and software development standards
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate well both in business and technical terms.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"